Situated at Výtoň right under Vyšehrad, this bridge doesn’t really have an official name, though it’s commonly called the Vyšehrad railway bridge. On the site of this bridge there used to the original one built between 1871 - 1872, which was part of the single track line between Franz Joseph Train Station, today’s Main Train Station, and Western Train Station (today’s Smíchov Train Station).
However, the single track was soon insufficient and a new bridge was completed in 1901. Today’s bridge is 69,9 meters long and 8,1 metres wide and there is also a sidewalk for pedestrians. The view of the St Peter and St Paul Church at Vyšehrad from the bridge or boat is one of the most exquisite sceneries in Prague. As far as the bridge’s future is concerned there are plans to extend the bridge by a road for cars on each side.
You might also be interested in
Built in 1876 because of the industrial boom in Smíchov, it is the third oldest still functioning stone bridge in Prague. It was built to accommodate the needs of the rapidly growing Smíchov ...