Chruch of St Martin In The Wall
Tucked away in a quiet corner just metres away from the bustle of Národní třída is the intriguingly named Church of St Martin in the Wall.
The designation “in the wall” dates from the time when the church formed part of the Old Town fortifications. Originally Romanesque building, dating perhaps from as early the first half of the 12th century, St Martin in the Wall was rebuilt as a Gothic church in the 14th and 15th centuries and was reconstructed in 1905.
The famous Brokoff family (Jan Brokoff, Michal Josef Brokoff and Ferdinand Maximilián Brokoff) of sculptors are buried in the former graveyard of the church, and are commemorated by a plaque on northern side of the presbytery.