The palace dates from the second half of the sixteenth century and was built by the Pernštejn family. Between 1615 and 1668 it was remodelled in the Baroque style by Carlo Lurago. The interior contains a former banqueting hall, featuring frescoes with mythological scenes, painted by F. Harovník between 1664 and 1669.
The Lobkowicz Palace is now owned by the Lobkowicz family and houses a museum devoted to European history. Among the exhibits are paintings by Canaletto, Brueghel the Elder and Velázquez; a display of family and royal portraits, musical instruments and original scores and manuscripts by Beethoven and Mozart.