All Saint´s Chapel
The chapel in the Royal Palace was constructed above the old Romanesque chapel of the Princes’ Palace. It was built in the twelfth century by Petr Parléř and modelled on the famous Sainte-Chapelle in Paris. The chapel was destroyed by fire, and rebuilt in the second half of the sixteenth century in the Renaissance style and enlarged. It was later connected to the neighbouring Institute of Gentlewomen, as its private chapel.
Above the altar is a painting depicting All Saints, by Václav Vavřinec 1732, and the triptych, featuring angels, is the work of Hans von Aachen, Rudolf II‘s court artist. Next to the entrance is a chest containing the relics of St Procopius, and the 12 paintings depicting the life of this Czech saint are the work of Kristián Dittmann.
The Chapel can be seen as part of a tour of the Old Royal Palace.